Sunday 8 March 2009

Farewell dinner - thanks and a poem

I had an unforgettable evening with my friends yesterday; thank you all for coming to my farewell dinner, and thank you for the presents that you gave me!

Two of my dear friends, Laura & Heidi, had found a poem written by Francis Duggan, and modified it so, that it was perfect for my card. It was such touching piece of poetry, that I wanted to share it with my readers. Here it is:


She'd love to live in Africa

She'd love to live in Africa
in the land of the Maasai
And with the tribal people dance
under the moonlit sky
The rhythmic drummer beats
his drum and the dancers rock and sway
She'd love to live in Africa
twelve thousand miles away.

The hungry male lions cough and roar
in the African night
And the sounds of galloping hooves and zebras
whinnying in fright
And the elephants are trumpeting
and the the wild hyaenas scream
And to live in distant Africa
has always been her dream.

Now her dream is coming true
And she'll be in Africa soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment